Friday, November 28, 2008

s.s.s.

Men don't usually understand the patience, tenacity, and determination we, women, have for shopping. Men can't last for hours traipsing aimlessly inside a shopping mall. Men go directly to where the item is located, pick it up, pay, and off they go. But, women, just don't do that. We like to look around, compare prices, and as much as possible, get the best deal worthy of our time and effort.

My hubby can probably last a good two-hours before a headache/tummy-ache symptom presents itself when shopping together. This happens unfortunately just when my momentum is starting to pick up. Then, everything is ruined. To choose a nice-fitting dress is already a struggle. My concentration is distracted. And, almost always, I end up sad in the passenger's seat with my loot.

Oooops and some more serious oooops, don't get me wrong! I do enjoy shopping around with my hubby because for one, he gets to pay all the stuff in my cart (lol), and, still, decision-making comes easy when dealing with a big purchase.

However, I am particularly blessed to have a friend who makes shopping easier and more fun for me. L.A.M. is my best shopping buddy. She is heaven-sent. She is updated with the latest, in-season fashion and gadgets. She not only knows what to buy but more than that she knows where to get good finds. I think, she is one Ms. Talented Shopping Lady because she has a trained eye for things that are unusual yet stunning. She happily hops from one shop to another, lost in a drama of ready-to wear clothes and stacks after stacks of colorful toe shoes just to find that one-gorgeous-piece of apparel or that "made-just-for-you" pumps. Through some years of shopping together, L.A.M. has been generous in sharing her latest acquisition and good finds. A day is never enough when we are in the mood to hunt for good buys.

Since November and December are declared "shopping-gifts-for-your-loved-ones-and-dear-friends" months, I suggest that you tell your hubby to just sit back and chill in the comforts of your home, and let you be the willing slave to do the shopping. Ask him to trustingly hand you the tools (cash and plactics) to buy all those in things in your endless christmas list. Then, I presume, not one person in the room will be unhappy.

Gotta go now. L.A.M. is waiting for me at the new Eastwood Shopping Atrium. I suspect that we have some serious shopping to do. ;)

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.