Sunday, November 9, 2008

hectic saturday

I was up early last saturday because our schedule was loaded. We had to do a lot of errands, attend to a swimming party, and watch an evening concert.

In the morning, we brought our son D to his review class. He insisted on attending the refresher course for his high school entrance exams because he thought he's not quite confident yet with his abstract reasoning ability. He wasn't able to attend the two sessions about abstract reasoning due to a science competition. Honestly, I'm a little bit worried about him. He might be pushing himself too hard. He might have a case of burn-out, which I think is too early for him. Anyway, he told me today that it was all worth attending the course, and I'm glad to hear that from him.

After bringing D to the review center, I did my weekend grocery shopping. Hubby was with me so I leisurely visited all the aisles of the supermarket because this gives me joy (ang babaw ko!) and I like scouting for new products and reading product labels including the nutrition information. I was looking for cornmeal which I will use for my buffalo wings recipe. I was not fortunate to find it but it's fine because now I have an excellent reason to look for it in another store. Five grocery bags after, and we had a quick bite for lunch.

The swimming party was actually for the kids. It was a birthday party for D's two schoolmate-friends. D was in his review class but hubby and I still decided to go because the we are close-friends with the birthday boys' parents. Food was aplenty and everybody was happy. (text and pics on my next post).

After a quick change of attire proper enough for a concert, we were cruisin' the road again. Parking was not terrible as we otherwise expected. Our seats are numbered so we settled comfortably with our seats. As usual, the concert started thirty minutes late. Dubbed the next one, Sarah Geronimo, was very good with her vocals. She also moved and grooved to the beat of some fast numbers. Although, the concert was A-ok, I wasn't exactly wowwed by the the whole production. Maybe, I was expecting much more from her. Maybe, I was waiting for more "bonggang-bonggang" prod numbers that could have showcased Sarah's many talents. What amazed me was that the big dome was totally filled with people including the bleachers. This is quite a feat for just a solo performer. Sarah has truly arrived, in my opinion. The concert ended just before 11 o'clock P.M. We grabbed a venti size of our favorite hot drink and we were homeward-bound.

What a day it was, a truly one hectic saturday... and I'm not complaining. ;)

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.