Wednesday, October 15, 2008

what, a homemaker?

My Son D once told me that a classmate of his was asking what do I do for work? D, maybe, not knowing exactly how to answer his classmate's query abruptly answered, "You know, a homemaker, a maker of home???" and immediately left the room... Hmmm, a not-so-bright-answer for a quite-bright-kid... Don't worry D, I forgive you.

But how do you exactly define a homemaker? Well, according to me (hey! i'm quite an authority here!), being a homemaker is a full-time job, but having your home as your place of work. The job requires a 24/7 commitment, you report for work the moment you wake up and you clock-out just before you're ready to call it a night. Unlike a true office woman, a homemaker doesn't report to a boss because she is THE boss. She operates her house and family affairs based on her own rule, style and method.

Do I like being a homemaker? Of course, yes! There are many blessings to count as I go about my day on being one.

Is it hard being a homemaker? Of course, it is! Though I try to find joy and contentment in every little things that I do with my family and in my household.

Will I be a homemaker forever? Of course, I cannot give you a concrete answer because that depends on what plans God has for me.

Ooops, the kettle is already calling me! Gotta go...

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.