Sunday, October 26, 2008

finding a common interest

It is rather fascinating that in a single united family, there is not one common interest that suits all members.

My hubby A loves to play badminton. He has regular badminton schedules every Mondays and Thursdays. He plays along with his officemates. And recently, bowling was added to his after office activities. At home, he plays scrabble and monopoly with our son D.

D, on the other hand, loves to play basketball. He is going loco over it. If only he can play the whole day, he will do so. Nowadays, the game consumes most of his time. He is not contented with just playing the game with his friends that when he arrives home, he’ll play again, but this time against his virtual opponents. Boy, he can play non-stop for hours!

I have been thinking lately on what kind of sports we, as a family, can engage in. A simple activity that we can look forward to every weekend or probably some games that can make us sweat a little.

I sure can play badminton and bowling but I can’t certainly join hubby because by the time he is playing, I’m occupied running the kitchen for our dinner. Then, I can’t even begin to imagine myself playing basketball with D and his friends unless I would like to make a fool out of myself, and actually join them. Duh, I don’t even know how to shoot a ball!

Cooking is my kind of sport. Sadly, my hubby and D don’t share this passion of mine. Although, hubby is an expert in making pancakes and D is a lucky-me-pancit-canton aficionado, still, cooking is not a common passion we share together.

I know of one thing that will ultimately interest the three of us, it is FOOD! We love to EAT! (our sexy bodies can well attest to this!) But, does eating count as a game? A sport? An activity, perhaps... Oh! This is becoming a dilemma.

It surely is hard to find a common interest. Be it an activity, a sport, or a game. Maybe, we can work something out in the days to come. Maybe, we’ll plan on trying different things until we bump onto something that we can eventually love doing together. But until that game, or sport, or activity comes knocking on our door, we will just contend ourselves with eating good food.

This is terribly wrong! And yes, I'm fully aware... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeng,

YOu come and run with us in UP Academic Oval. Then you'll have your own sport which eventually they will also like :-)

See you this Saturday morning?

jeng said...

Hello, friend..
Thanks for commenting.
Thanks for inviting as well.
We might not be able to this saturday because we are going home.
Hope your invite still stands next saturday.
Thanks, again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, of course... I forgot that this Saturday is All-saints day!
Regards,

by the way, I like how you writing style! :-)

jeng said...

Thanks, we need to make time for our Saturday morning date.
Thanks, a lot.
I so appreciate it.

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.