Friday, September 3, 2010

i now know why

I now know why I haven't blog for a year...

It all started September last year when Metro Manila was struck by Ondoy... life stood still... No one saw it coming. Everyone thought it was just another typhoon hitting the city. The rains did not let go, it was as if the flood gates of heaven were left open that even angels could not in their mighty powers close the gates. The downpour sank large portions of the city. People living in areas not likely to get flooded were astounded by the surprise Ondoy was bringing. Lives were taken by the dangerous floods. Electricity was out for days. Food stores were out of products to sell. The aftermath was like a scene in a war-torn hell city.

Our car was half-submerged in flood. Ooohh. Crawling insects were side by side with us as we bravely wade into the chocolatey mud-filled water inside our house. Eeeeww. That fateful September day will forever be painfully etched in our being.

It was a slow recovery for the majority of us... Our car was checked in at the Honda Casa for more than 3 months (thanks to my good friend, Baby E., for facilitating the major repairs and for keeping up with our kakulitan and impatience at times). Also, our internet connection was down at almost the same number of months. I learned from Globe that their switch boxes were heavily damaged that they need to replace them totally new. You could just imagine my agony of not being connected to the web for such a long time. Painful. Ouch!

So, when all was well and working, I lost my appetite to continue posting. And then, a lot of things happened. Summer came. School opened. And when I last checked in, it was September yet again...

Peace:)

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.