Monday, August 10, 2009

no less than tofu

Spicy Tofu in Black Bean Garlic Sauce

Constant leafing through pages of various food magazines inspired me to whip up a simple yet tasty dish – Spicy Tofu in Black Bean Garlic Sauce. The ingredients are easily available in the supermarket and it’s cooked in no time. My first attempt was a success judging from the clean plates left on the table.

A friend asked me if I follow recipes to the letter. I don’t, honestly. I think recipes are there to guide and inspire you but the final dish should always be according to your taste. Baking is another matter, ok. By the way, I don’t measure ingredients. As Rachel Ray would often say, “Just eyeball it!” And, that’s what I do ever since I started experimenting in the kitchen.

I still have half of the firm tofu soaking in water. I have no idea yet if it will turn into another delish dish.

Wait and taste…;)

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.