Monday, August 10, 2009

inspiration, yes; a saint, no!

In my opinion...

I am totally in favor of having President Cory as an inspiration to bring the best in every Filipino, but making her a saint, in my opinion, is too much. I think we have a problem here.

A lot of Cory supporters have been clamoring on making her a saint, some have even suggested that we pray to her. Hello! I have nothing against my Cabalen. In fact, I am encouraged to become a better Filipino because of the love she has shown for our country. But, don't you think that elevating her status to that of a saint, thus eventually praying to her, would be acceptable in heaven? Have you thought of her own opinion on this matter? Would she even entertain the idea of becoming a saint?

God, I believe is the Only One to whom we should pray to. No one else should we direct our supplications other than God. There are 3 important facts. Only God is:
a) Omnipresent - that is, God is everywhere and is present at all times. He is present here in my room as well as in the place where you are right now.
b) Omniscient- that is, God is all-knowing. He knows your business. He knows your secrets. He knows your prayers even before you speak of them.
c) Omnipotent - that is, God has unlimited power. He is almighty. He can do anything.

Until the day when my Cabalen becomes these 3, elevating her in the same level as God will just be an illusion. And I won't wait for that day to come. In my heart there is only one God. And, it is only to Him that we should pray to and it is only through Him that we receive anwers to our prayers.

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.