Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i think i'm fine now

I have written about D moving out of our room to the comforts of his own room. Exactly six days after my post, he told me that he's ready to sleep in his "own bedroom." What can a mother do but give in, right? The newly furnished bedroom needs to serve its purpose.

Last night before i went to sleep, I checked on him as I always do everynight. I don't know what's got into to me again that I wanted him to sleep on our room again. I think I miss him. I think I miss his snoring. I think I miss our "kulitan" before lights are off. Weird isn't it? So, last night, I spent a little time with him in his bedroom... probing and confirming his activities in the recent days. D is a patient young man. He bears with my questioning. He doesn't complain at all. He is not irritated by my comments.

Seeing him comfortable in the four corners of his room makes my heart glad. it was really time for me to respect his privacy eventhough the idea leaves slivers of pain in my being.

I think I'm fine now. And I thank God for it. ;)

2 comments:

Baby E. said...

Friend- our children are really becoming their own persons :-) It is just a matter of how soon we will be able to face that reality. And I am glad that you are going through the process very well....

God Bless,
Baby E.

jeng said...

Friend, i'm still coping...

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.