Saturday, June 13, 2009

ready or not?

Finally today is THE day when D is moving out from our bedroom to his own sanctuary after 13 years and 11 days of sleeping with us. Several times have I asked him if his ready to move out or not but his constant answer is a plain and simple, "Yes, Mama, I'm ready!" Ouch!

You see, D is an only child, thus consequently, I cannot bear to have him sleep in another room. I don't know but I just feel safe and peaceful if I see him sleeping in our bedroom.

The furniture-maker just delivered a nice custom-made bedframe; the bed foam is thick and comfy and the beddings all starched and scented; the black out curtain is hung; the faint smell of paint still lingers inside the bedroom; i guess, it's time...

"I'll get used to the idea, eventually," is all I can say to myself. Hahaha! I am having some dramatic moments again. I could feel the lump in my throat and my eyes are heavy with tears... If only hubby can see me now...hahaha! But honestly, Im sad. My baby is all grown-up. No matter how I try to freeze time, it ain't gonna happen. Reality hurts.

So, i guess, the question of being ready or not is truly for me and I should answer it with enough courage and confidence...

Hard as it is, my reply will always be, "No, I'm not yet ready."

No comments:

MamaJ!

My photo
I'm Jeng, a HOMEmaker by choice. Through the years, I have learned to embrace this segment of my life so well that I cannot imagine doing something else.